For enterprise businesses, implementing the right IT infrastructure is a project that has lots of moving parts — initial deployment alone takes a huge investment of time, labor, and resources. Consistent management of your own infrastructure requires internal manpower for maintenance tasks and upgrading. To forgo much of this hassle, companies turn to IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
IaaS has many cost-effective benefits, but some cloud providers may be limited in their resource capacity and find it easier to offer templatized versions of infrastructure. To avoid this kind of pigeonholing, give custom IaaS a try.
Customization is the key to maximizing your IaaS
No two businesses are the same, so why should your infrastructure be? The true power of implementing and maintaining your own systems comes with the ability to manage IT systems to fit your growth and any business problems that arise. With custom IaaS, you can also scale up or dial back as necessary.
Additionally, a custom solution can be personalized to suit your exact business needs. You will have granular control so that you can fine-tune your IT resources on demand. Customized IaaS gives you the adaptability of an on-premise data center without the demands of managing your own infrastructure.
Choosing an IaaS provider can be tricky, but it’s an important decision. You’ll want to ensure you have access to all the IT resources you need. Weigh the options carefully before selecting a provider. Use our tips to help narrow down which IaaS features you need for your business.
Benefits of custom IaaS
Infrastructure isn’t the kind of service where you want to opt for a one-size-fits-all solution. Your customers expect a high level of service, and you need to be able to provide it. Customizing your IaaS lets you optimize your systems without wasting money on unnecessary resources, which translates into a better customer experience.
The benefits of custom IaaS includes the following.
- Cost maximization: Custom IaaS allows you to scale appropriately so you only pay for what you use. Funneling capital into the much-needed areas of your infrastructure could free up money to be used in different areas of your business.
- Flexibility: One of the major benefits of custom IaaS involves the flexible nature of a personalized solution. You can scale during periods of growth and cut back when things are slow. Because you are customizing to suit your needs, you can also determine if certain computing resources need to be increased to suit a trending demand. You have true flexibility in which resources you are using and how they are being put to work.
- Reduced need for dedicated manpower: Enterprises with traditional on-premise data centers need to employ a dedicated team to manage their infrastructure. This translates into an entire team of individuals who handle upgrades, security, hardware, and any troubleshooting that needs to take place. With customized IaaS, you let the experts do that for you and allocate your manpower to more business-focused tasks.
- Better customer service: With increased capabilities and custom infrastructure that is uniquely suited to your needs, you can provide better customer service. Having exactly the right computing power, disk space, and memory means you are able to focus on key clientele issues and continue driving new customer relationships.
- Governance: Regulated industries come with particular privacy rules and associated standards that can sometimes be difficult to keep up with. When you opt for custom IaaS, you can ensure you have the necessary protocols in place to keep everything running smoothly and remain confident of your ongoing compliance.
- Top-notch security: In today’s modern world where data attacks pose a significant risk, cybersecurity is of the utmost concern. Media coverage of large-scale breaches has everyone looking to implement additional safeguards. With custom IaaS, you can beef up your security with premium firewall protection, anti-virus software, and other malware safeguards.
At Lightbound, our experts can help you fully assess your needs and provide a full custom solution to suit any situation. Call us today to see how we can help you determine your IaaS needs!