The benefits of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) are undeniable, but the key to fully receiving these benefits is choosing a solution customized to fit your unique needs. Many mistakenly believe IaaS is a commodity that just about any provider can implement with success, but the truth is, having a provider that offers customization options makes all the difference.
In this blog, we will share several ways Infrastructure as a Service can be customized to best suit your business needs and allow you to enjoy the full power of IaaS.
Six Key Ways IaaS Can Be Customized for Your Business
Customized Infrastructure as a Service allows you to optimize the power of cloud computing to perfectly work with your business. Look for a provider that is able to offer these six IaaS customization options:
1. Private and Dedicated Resources. If you’re looking for increased security and improved performance, dedicated resources are a great option for your business. Choose a provider that will allow you to have your own dedicated servers, plus private storage and LUN’s.
2. Management. Which level of control do you need and what do you want your provider to take responsibility for? Consider the following areas of management you may want access to:
- Operating Systems
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Software licensing
- DDoS mitigation
- Vulnerability scanning
- Virtual and dedicated firewalls
3. Compliance. From HIPAA and PCI to SOX and FISC, consider what industry standards your business must comply with. For instance, is it required that certain pieces of infrastructure be dedicated to you? Be sure to choose a provider that is fully compliant with any standards that you—and they—need to follow.
4. Speeds and Feeds. Do you need certain speeds or feeds for infrastructure components that are not available in traditional public cloud environments? This could include disk speed, amount of memory, speeds for network elements, and more.
5. Connectivity. Do you need connectivity to certain networks or providers such as Megaport, or do you need fiber optics? Make sure your provider can offer the connectivity you need.
6. Geodiversity. Do you need geo-diverse production and backup/recovery sites? Choose a provider with ample distance between the two so that their secondary site is viable in the event of a widespread disaster.
Do You Need Standard or Custom Infrastructure as a Service?
Customization options are the key to harnessing the full power of cloud computing through Infrastructure as a Service, and the best IaaS providers will be able to customize options to fit your specific needs. On the other hand, your business may be seeking a standard private option where little to no customization is needed.
At LightBound, we’re able and ready to serve your business either way. We offer several options for customization as well as several standard, private options. This way, IaaS adoption is made easy for your business and you can have peace of mind knowing that you won’t be stuck without options in the future as your needs change.
Are you unsure of whether you need IaaS customization? Or do you know what you need and want to learn more about LightBound as a provider? LightBound will work with your business to help you discover your needs and recommend a personalized plan for your use case. We’re happy to help answer any questions you have, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!