Have you considered connectivity when choosing an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider? What many don’t realize is that not all IaaS providers offer the same standard of connectivity, and it can make or break the success of your Cloud service.
In this blog, we explain why connectivity is essential for IaaS and what new developments to know about the future of connectivity.
Why Connectivity is Key to Infrastructure as a Service
With Infrastructure as a Service, a third-party provider delivers use of data center infrastructure to you via the Internet. Thus, poor quality network connectivity means that IaaS simply won’t function and you can expect:
- Slow or halted operations
- Increased downtime
- Frustrated clients that depend on you for success
- Lost revenue
If you want to find an IaaS provider with connectivity you can depend on, there are three main qualities to consider, all impacting IaaS for better or worse:
1. Speed. No one wants a slow connection, especially when it comes to Cloud hosting. To ensure your business’s productivity and revenue don’t take a hit, be sure that your provider offers lighting fast speed with a large amount of scalable bandwidth available. You may also want a provider that offers the option of dark and lit fiber-optic connections for faster speeds and lower latency.
2. Redundancy. If you want to minimize downtime and lost revenue for your business, redundancy is key. Your provider should be able to automatically and seamlessly route your packets to one of many other local and international carriers if a connection is lost to achieve 24/7/365 uptime.
3. Sourcing. Choose a carrier-neutral provider that handles both network services and IaaS. Not all providers handle both, especially many larger national providers who are unable to control and manage the breadth of service. Single-source providers are beneficial because they can diagnose and fix issues holistically and manage traffic to and from all carriers. Plus, they have direct relationships with the carriers that you’ll need in the long-term to make sure data is captured securely and error-free.
Reliable, high-performing Internet access is non-negotiable because IaaS depends on quality connectivity. Only choose a provider that can ensure your mission-critical business functions stay connected.
What to Know About the Future of Connectivity and IaaS
How are technologies changing connectivity? Megaport and 5G are playing a huge role in the future of Infrastructure as a Service.
Megaport as the Next Wave of Connectivity for the Cloud
Want a simple way to achieve fast, easy connectivity? Megaport is the next wave of connectivity for Cloud and may be the solution you’ve been looking for. It’s described as “the easiest way to connect to the services that power your business.”
- Speed up your setup and simplify the process of building and deploying connections to the services your business runs on
- Enable quick and easy network creation instead of typical siloed and complex configuration tasks
- Connect you to cloud services, managed services, and between data centers almost instantly
- Move your workloads in real time
- Reach the cloud from wherever you are and transport your data between global locations easily
- Scale your bandwidth up and down at any time, matching your connection speed with your workloads
5G as the Enabler of the Future
As described by TechRadar, “5G networks are the next generation of mobile internet connectivity, offering faster speeds and more reliable connections on smartphones and other devices than ever before.”
By 2020, 5G networks are expected to launch across the world, not to replace 4G and 3G networks, but work alongside them—at least at first. 5G is expected to contribute to the development of advanced technologies and encourage the growth of Internet of Things (IoT) with the improved connectivity it offers.
Want an IaaS Provider with Connectivity You Can Count On?
Excellent connectivity is a non-negotiable for Infrastructure as a Service in cloud computing, making it equally important to choose a provider that can offer the speed, redundancy, and single-source service you can trust for peace of mind. At LightBound, we offer both network and IaaS, plus top-notch service delivery and support for the best in connectivity.
Want to learn more about the connectivity needed for IaaS success? Contact LightBound today! We’d love to answer any questions you have.