Whether your PBX is hosted internally within your office(s), or externally with a co-location provider, you’ll still need dial-tone. LightBound’s SIP Trunking services help streamline and simplify both local and long-distance services for your entire company.
The growth of VoIP as a primary telecommunications technology creates significant capabilities and financial savings for many businesses. Simply put, SIP trunking provides more cost-effective communications between a given location (and its employees) and an Internet telephony service provider (ITSP). It also replaces the traditional IP-PSTN (public switched telephone network, also known as your local telephone company.
With LightBound’s Cloud SIP Trunking, no upfront investment is required. Aside from its simpler design and implementation, ongoing use allows utilization of multiple digital streams with several quantifiable results.
The inherent advantages are:
- Elimination of overlapping networks and their costs. Instead of operating and maintaining both data and telephone voice networks, one IP-based network provides serves both functions. This eliminates the need to add to physical infrastructure for additional users.
- Elimination of local IP-PSTN gateways. Instead of purchasing hardware to move from one T1 to two or upgrading to higher service levels, you simply increase your Internet bandwidth. This eliminates hardware purchases, installation and maintenance costs.
- Elimination of BRIs (Basic Rate Interfaces) and PRIs (Primary Rate Interfaces). The SIP trunk connects directly to LightBound’s network, the ITSP (Internet telephony service provider), This service is less expensive than traditional PRI’s and allows you to scale more easily n smaller blocks (phone numbers).
- Saving on costs of long-distance communications. Long distance services are a great deal less expensive with SIP Trunking.
- All calls are local calls.
- Elimination of 800 number use. Local numbers can be provided in each city, which are terminated locally when picked up and place on the Internet.
- Enhanced use of an Office Communications Server. In addition to using current services such as E911, you can easily access any new services offered by ITSPs without further investment. These new services are used as a primary point of competition for many ITSPs and include such things as more effective mobile phone integration, like LightBound’s Hosted PBX Services.